Intermediate Perfume Making Workshop
May 11 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pmR1650
“Perfume is an art form. In the same genre as music and painting. It requires talent, expertise and most of all passion.”
– Clive Christian
Join Perfume Power on a comprehensive perfume making experience; discovering the exciting world of perfume and crafting your very own fragrant masterpiece.
What does the workshop cover?
Fragrance Specialist Diana Rankin will be presenting on the following topics:
- Perfume through the ages; origins and history
- Scent significance: emotions, memories, benefits, and associations
- Tools of the trade: equipment and choosing suitable carriers
- Safety and Hygiene
- Perfume ingredients: natural vs synthetic
- Fragrance classification systems
- Perfume structure and notes
- Training your nose like a perfumer
- The language of perfume
- Aroma oil profiles
- Structuring and crafting your fragrance
- Perfume recipe ideas
- Naming and describing your perfume
- Supplier lists
Who can attend the workshop?
Our intermediate perfume making workshop is suitable for individuals that have a basic foundational knowledge of perfume born out of a passion or career; or who have already attended one of our introductory seasonal perfume making workshops. This workshop provides broad knowledge of perfume creation; facilitating decisions on furthering a career in perfume making or nurturing a desire to make a personal perfume brand or range. Seats are limited to 12 guests only.
What does the workshop include?
A comprehensive workbook. Quality imported fine fragrance oils, a professional perfume making kit, an elegant-take-home perfume bottle. Refreshments and lunch will be served. Please avoid wearing any perfume or scented body products when attending this workshop.
Event Ticket Booking Terms and Conditions
- Payments can be made via EFT, Credit Card and SnapScan using our secure online payment system via PayFast. On receipt of payment, a ticket will be released via email
- Tickets will only be confirmed as booked on receipt of full payment of the stipulated ticket amount. If Eft has been selected as a method of payment the ticket will be reserved for 48 hours; after which it will be released in the event of non-payment
- No payments will be accepted during registration at the event venue. Payments need to be made prior to the event within the RSVP dates stipulated
- The venue address may be changed at the discretion of Perfume Power. Guests will be notified of this timeously–
- Refunds: Perfume Power does not offer refunds for non-attendance or cancellations. Clients are however welcome to invite a friend or colleague to attend in their place. This needs to be communicated with Perfume Power prior to the event via email at email@example.com
- Apologies no kiddies under the age of 13 to accompany parents at Perfume Power events