- This event has passed.
Intermediate Perfume Making Workshop – FULLY BOOKED
October 19, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pmR1650.00
“To create a fine scent, you’ll need sensibility and creativity … The rest is a lot of hard work, practice, patience and passion …” – Veronique Nyberg –
Join Perfume Power on a comprehensive perfume making experience; discovering the exciting world of perfume and crafting your very own fragrant masterpiece.
What does the workshop cover?
Fragrance Specialist Diana Rankin will be presenting on the following topics:
- Perfume through the ages; origins and history.
- Scent significance: emotions, memories, benefits, and associations.
- Tools of the trade: equipment and choosing suitable carriers.
- Safety and Hygiene.
- Perfume ingredients: natural vs synthetic.
- Fragrance classification systems.
- Perfume structure and notes.
- Training your nose like a perfumer.
- The language of perfume.
- Aroma oil profiles.
- Structuring and crafting your fragrance.
- Introduction to creating perfume accords.
- Perfume recipe ideas.
- Naming and describing your perfume.
- Supplier lists.
Who can attend the workshop?
Our intermediate perfume making workshop is suitable for individuals that have a basic foundational knowledge of perfume born out of a passion or career; or who have already attended one of our introductory seasonal perfume making workshops.
This workshop provides a broad knowledge of perfume creation; facilitating decisions on furthering a career in perfume making or nurturing a desire to make a personal perfume brand or range. Seats are limited to 12 guests only.
What does the workshop include?
A comprehensive workbook. Quality imported fine fragrance oils, a professional perfume making kit, an elegant 30mls take-home perfume bottle. Refreshments and lunch will be served. Please avoid wearing any perfume or scented body products when attending this workshop.
Event Ticket Booking Terms and Conditions.
- Payments can be made via EFT, Credit Card and SnapScan using our secure online payment system via PayFast. On receipt of payment, a ticket will be released via email.
- Tickets will only be confirmed as booked on receipt of full payment of the stipulated ticket amount. If Eft has been selected as a method of payment the ticket will be reserved for 48 hours; after which it will be released in the event of non-payment
- No payments will be accepted during the registration at the event venue. Payments need to be made prior to the event within the RSVP dates stipulated.
- The venue address may be changed at the discretion of Perfume Power. Guests will be notified of this timeously.
- Refunds: Perfume Power does not offer refunds for non-attendance or cancellations. Clients are however welcome to invite a friend or colleague to attend in their place. This needs to be communicated with Perfume Power prior to the event via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apologies no kiddies under the age of 13 to accompany parents at Perfume Power events.